New animation highlights Child Sexual Exploitation Inquiry findings for young people
A short animated film https://youtu.be/kGcn8wWVOuM
made by and for young people, is being used to promote the findings of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Exploitation in Northern Ireland and help keep all young people safe from harm.
"The film which can be watched on You Tube explains in an engaging and informative manner the key recommendations from the Independent Inquiry. It raises awareness of the issue of child sexual exploitation, the contribution made by young people to the Inquiry and their desire to feel empowered," said CJI Chief Inspector Brendan McGuigan.
Copies of the findings of the Independent Inquiry which was published in November 2014 can be downloaded by clicking here
If you need help or support in relation to child sexual exploitation, you can ring the:
· Police on 101 (or 999 in an emergency)
· Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
· NSPCC NI CSE Helpline on 0800 389 1701 or ChildLine 0800 1111 (24 hour helpline) or the Adult Helpline on 0808 800 5000
· Barnardo’s NI Safe Choices 028 90 658511 (Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm)
· Parenting NI Parent’s Helpline on 0808 8010 722 (Mon-Thurs 9am - 8pm and Fri 9am – 5pm)
Further information and additional support in relation to child sexual expoitation can be found on this information sheet